Folic acid supplements are recommended for at least a month prior to conception and throughout pregnancy to support the healthy development of your baby’s nervous system.
- Suitable for use prior to conception and throughout pregnancy
- Supports the healthy, normal development of baby’s nervous system
- Supports healthy red blood cell production
Folic acid plays a role in the production of genetic material (DNA and RNA), and is required for cellular division. Foetal cells undergo constant cell division, so women require increased levels of folate during pregnancy.
Inadequate intake of folic acid may interfere with the development of baby’s nervous system.
It is recommended that women take folic acid supplements for at least a month prior to conception, as this nutrient is vital for the development of baby’s nervous system, and it is critical that maternal levels are adequate during the very early stages of pregnancy.
If you are trying to conceive, consider taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, which supplies folic acid as well as other nutrients needed in preparation for conception and pregnancy, including iodine and the essential fatty acid DHA.
Once pregnant, consider switching to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, a premium, comprehensive formulation containing vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids beneficial for both mother and baby.
Adults – One tablet daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years – only as professionally prescribed
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional
- If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect you should seek specific medical advice before using this product